Welcome to Girls Love Evidence, my side project, brainchild, and probably the reason I’m yelling at my computer. My name is Al, and I’m a science communicator, educator, writer, and (soon to be) law student.
A few years ago, I got a bone infection (twice) and it lit all of my extensive life plans on fire, leaving me scrambling for direction. I took medical leave from med school, freaked out, and ultimately decided not to go back when COVID-19 hit to pursue other passions. Girls Love Evidence was started as a way to quell my quarantine boredom but morphed into a lot more.
What I Write About
- Evidence-based approaches to the Internet’s health and wellness claims
- Mental health and making my brain work better
- Activism and feminist issues
- Travel and language learning
- Environmental sustainability and conscious consumerism
- BS Biochemistry, BA French and Francophone Studies, University of Denver- Colorado, USA
- MSc Cancer Biology, Université de Montpellier- Montpellier, France
- DALF C1 French
Other Things I Like
- Baking (currently trying to perfect babka)
- Wine (partial to Châteauneuf du Pape/any southern French red)
- Running (preferably with dogs)
- Skiing (fast and through trees)